1. HOW DO YOU FIND THE ENERGY?
Words have hypnotic power over us. When you tell yourself that you have low energy, you feel low energy. Energy is a mindset. The stories of not having enough, or of wanting something else drain our energy. We think we want a different life instead of loving the life we have Decide now that you have enough energy for romance and start cultivating this intention.
2. FILL UP YOUR OWN TANK FIRST
The oxygen mask on an airplane goes on you first before you can help another. We are helpless when we are depleted. It is not the children exhausting the parents; it is the parents not taking care of themselves. Create child-free time, daily moments of couple interaction, exercise or just take five minute to breathe. Plan. Don’t wait for it to happen spontaneously because it won’t.
3. MAKE YOUR PARTNER A PRIORITY
Actively cultivate love and appreciation to your spouse. Spend few minutes a day while in the car, on your way to work or in the shower thinking about what you love about them.. Ask and answer: What do I love about my darling? Why he/she is so special to me? Why do I love them? By actively answering these questions, you generate love in your heart and become more loving.
4. CREATE A NEW VISION FOR YOUR DAY
Describe what a great day would look like? How would it be different from what you have now? How would a relaxing or fun day look? What would need to change to make that your reality? Sit with your partner and create a vision for your relationship. What would you like to enjoy together? How would you like to feel?
5. WHAT HAPPENED TO PASSION AND ROMANCE?
You can’t have a passionate love affair if you don’t feel passionate about your life. Turn yourself on, and I don’t mean sexually. Are you passionate about your life right now? Is there something that really excites you? Is there a new project, a new course, a new trip, a new job, a new adventure that you can’t shut up about? It’s alright if you can’t think of anything right now. Embark on a journey of selfdiscovery!
THE THREE RULES OF ROMANTIC DATING
1. Dress to impress, get ready as if it was your first date.
2. You cannot talk about the kids, the business or the house on your date! What are you going to talk about? Go to Amazon.com and type in “Table Topics for Couples.” These cards will help you start a heartfelt conversation with your partner that is about you and your spouse.
3. Chose a place where you can connect, visually, verbally and physically.
This article was written by Ivetta Kleiman, Marriage Coach. www.ivettakleiman.com.au